Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Redemption Suite (predilection, prediction, preclusion) (1998)


The fickle flame flickers, and I smile at the knowledge
That we cry at the same time, it’s just 
The faces that are different.

I’m so tired past the smack of my life
I won’t sleep tonight;
and the image of you burns the back of my eyes,
though I yearn for ice.

So I flirt with the memories, tender illusions
of a honey past,
but I need some brand new ones that don’t have you in them,
and I need them fast.

There’s a beckoning candle in the ebony night
and I’m warmed by it;
for the dungdevilled darkness can never enshroud it
with vile velvet.

In dull destitution and sullen seclusion, I lie
with my sweat,
spinning my hapless way round, round and round, 
round this empty secret.


No comments:

Post a Comment