Buy me a coffee

https://ko-fi.com/joeshooman

Monday 21 July 2014

Inner Sense and Expedience


What I wanted to say
Was

All about the things that humans can do

All the cool stuff
Like

Music and art and I suppose love and language and expression
Even the songs I hate are valued by some
(And there’s a few of them)

(A few songs
And a few people)

And I constructed this
Sleepily

A sort of nursery-rhyme rhythm and iambicked-up party
Of rhyme and nods to the slime
And the sublime

There were verses and stanzas and assonances and shit
Lots of that kind of poeting wazzing
And spazzing about.



What I thought to say
Was

Here are some cool things humans do do

Great and groovy stuff
Like

Recipes using local ingredients and exporting those to others
Who try them and refine them, like say
Curry or Chinese spices or sort of Taginey stuff
(I had a tagine once.
I burnt and cracked it)

And I rolled over again
Dozily

And through my half-braining, 5am splutter and splurge
My grey goobutt carried on making these rhymes
As I climbed down to sleep

Then there were scenes and colours of black blood and gunk
Livers torn in two by hand grenades
Faces melted by radiation



What I saw I could not see
Were

All the shitty things humans can and have done

I mean, real bad stuff
Like

Exploding people’s eyes because they prayed
To  a different imaginary sky magician
(Invading and taking territory
All that shit)

I grunted at a dead
Baby

And I struggled to comprehend
What

All the fucking point of this consciousness
Was

Whether I was culpable,
Like

Who the fuck cares what the fuck one twat writes?
(?
?)

Thinking something without acting
Is

Worse or at least equal to a machete stroke
Or phlegm on the face of a
(insert your own racial epithet
Here, if you want)



Anyway, this poem, such as it
Was

Faded of course as the sun tickled my scalp

It tends to come up
Like

Every day anyway, somewhere. So these bombs
Or songs or achievements in science
(Or art, or mechanics, or anything
Really progressive)

Made me realise
Only

That whilst humans, like me I suppose, are
Concerned

With finding out How, What, Where
And When

There’s still no progress on this one shard I remember
From this sort of poem I was going to write
(Or an essay, I suppose, or graffiti
Or a T-shirt)

What I wondered about was
The eternal:

Why.




No comments:

Post a Comment